Skip to main content

Politics Africa : FG should channel funds to Education, health and N-power programs not to share it for Nigerians – APC chieftain blasts Buhari


FG should channel funds to Education, health and N-power programs not to share it for Nigerians – APC chieftain blasts Buhari
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in Bauchi state, Ali Ibrahim Ningi has tongue lashed the President Muhammadu Buhari led administration over plans to disburse part of the Abacha loot to poor Nigerian households.


Ningi said in Bauchi on Tuesday, that, it was rather unfortunate for the FG to plan giving Nigerian households N5, 000 out of the Abacha loot as a palliative measure against poverty and hunger.

He said, “Yes, I listened to the programme aired by international radio with shock if it’s true that the Federal Government has decided to give Nigerians N5,000 out of the Abacha loot.”


He maintained also that the APC government of Buhari is clueless  he said, “It’s expected that the Federal Government should channel the funds to education, health and the N-Power programme apparently to cushion the adverse poverty among Nigerians as was the system during Buhari’s days as PTF boss where drugs were procured through the agency.”
Politics News : This is the 6th time the court will grant Dasuki bail, but SSS has failed to release him – Fani Kayode reacts 

He however urged the President not to allow himself be derailed by “corrupt presidential cabals”, noting that if the FG should go ahead and disburse the Abacha loot to Nigerians it would only justify the weakness and incapability of the Buhari administration.


“Visit our education sector at all levels and received shocking conditions; same apply to the health sector with absence of drugs apart from youths who are now streets touts linked to poverty.
“As such, the Federal Government should kindly discard any ill-advised plan to disburse the Abacha loot to Nigerians just because of the 2019 elections,” Ningi added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

230 arrested, 4.3 tonnes of drugs seized- NDLEA

230 arrested, 4.3 tonnes of drugs seized- NDLEA


On Tuesday, The Kwara State Commander, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Mr Ona Ogilegwu said the command had arrested over 230 suspects in two years for drug-related offenses

In an interview with newsmen in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, during the inauguration of a committee for the Ibrahim Sulu Gambari Drug Abuse Rehabilitation Centre, Ogilegwu explained that while 130 suspects were arrested in 2017, over 100 suspects had so far been apprehended in 2018.

“We do not have enough rehabilitation centres in the country.
“The complex being built by the emir is a 140-bed space edifice. When completed, most of the youths who are into drugs will be brought here; those that require sensitisation will be kept for sensitisation. Those that need to be counselled will be counselled. And after that, they will be reintegrated into the society,” he added.

BreakingNews: 2,045 PVCs stolen by hoodlums in Akwa Ibom – INEC

BreakingNews: 2,045 PVCs stolen by hoodlums in Akwa Ibom – INEC

In Akwa Ibom state, 2,045 Permanent Voters Cards said to have been stolen by suspected hoodlums in the state. This was disclosed by The National Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission Supervising  Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Delta states, Dr.Mustapha
Lecky.
Lecky told newsmen at the Commission’s Secretariat in Uyo, the state capital, that at the end of his assessment tour of the state to ascertain the success of display of voters’ list, 2,045 Permanent Voters Cards was stolen by suspected hoodlums in one of the INEC offices in Okobo Local Government area of the state during a mob action by youths who invaded the office to protest results of the last primary elections.

Read also: Public sitting opens in Lagos on SARS reform
“The PVCs were stolen in Okobo Local Government. There were 2045 PVCs, we have visited the Okobo Local Government area of the state and we can see a lot of security lapses around the loc…

Indigenous Boko Haram commanders killed in Borno

Indigenous Boko Haram commanders killed in Borno
On Sunday, two commanders have been confirmed dead by The Nigeria Army. The Nigeria Army said its troops have killed two Boko Haram commanders in Borno State. The two high profiled commanders named Abu Rajal and Tuja Sa’inna Banki was said to have been killed during the clearance operations.
This was stated by the The Nigeria Army on its official Twitter handle on Sunday.
The tweet reads, “Recall that troops of 25 Task Force Brigade, Chibok and 28 Task Force Brigade, Damboa, embarked on Joint Clearance Operations from Gumsuri to Gambori in Borno on Nov. 9, 2018; they successfully cleared and liberated some villages.
“Reports just reaching Nigerian Army Headquarters, confirmed that two high profile Boko Haram terrorists’ commanders named Abu Rajal and Tuja Sa’inna Banki were killed during the clearance operations.

“The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, commended the gallant troops and urged them to carry out further incursions and …